BAPS Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to all purchases from our website. Please read them carefully before placing an order.
The website britishastrologicalandpsychicsociety.co.uk is owned wholly by The Society the main office of which is situated at Communications House 26 York Street, London W1U 6PZ, United Kingdom
- Acceptance of your order - We must receive payment of the price of the products and/or services and any applicable delivery charges before we can accept your order. We reserve the right to restrict the number of products and/or services you may order and to refuse any order. If you have provided us with your email address you will receive an email from us confirming that we have received your order. This email is sent automatically and does not mean that we have accepted your order. We will notify acceptance of your order by sending an email to you stating that your order has been accepted and when it will be despatched. Otherwise, our acceptance of your order takes place on delivery of the products or services. Only when we have accepted your order is a binding contract created between us. Please note that due to changes in Paypal regulations we are no longer able to accept payment by Maestro or American Express cards.
- Prices - Our prices are set out on our website in Pounds Sterling and there is a currency converter so you can purchase in individual currencies. Prices remain in force until we publish new prices on our website. We reserve the right to change our prices at no notice. Delivery charges apply and are displayed during the order process.
- Availability - If a product or service is not in stock it will be clearly shown on our website. If products or services you order are not available we will notify you (where possible) and, if we have received payment for the unavailable products or services, we will refund it to you within 30 days of your order unless you agree to wait until the products or services are available.
Additional Terms and Conditions applicable to Students and Courses.
All courses provided by The British Astrological & Psychic Society (“BAPS”) are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- BAPS reserves the right to decline to accept any application for enrolment.
- For the fees quoted BAPS will supply the course materials or practical training workshops on dates decided by BAPS (at its sole discretion) throughout the duration of the course. All other services described in the promotional material are provided free of charge, unless otherwise stated.
- Overseas students shall be responsible for paying any import or export duties or taxes, which may be imposed.
- Initial course materials will be immediately downloadable or sent to you within 21 days of enrolment. If you do not receive them within this period, you should notify BAPS immediately. Otherwise, BAPS shall be entitled to assume that you have received them.
- You can study as and when it is convenient for you. However, BAPS advises you to complete your course within one year as syllabuses are subject to change. Extensions may be given by agreement.
- Failure to complete the course shall not entitle you to receive any refund of fees already paid. Course enrolments are not transferable.
- In accordance with The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, you have a cooling off period in which you may cancel your enrolment by giving notice to BAPS in writing or by email. In the case of distance learning courses, this right expires 7 working days from the date of your first receipt of course materials. In the event of cancellation, all course materials must be returned to BAPS in good condition.
- BAPS warrants that all course materials will be prepared and any training support will be provided with reasonable care and skill. Subject thereto, BAPS shall have no liability to any person for any loss or damage, however occurring, whether direct or indirect, resulting from your enrolment on the course. BAPS’s liability shall in any event be limited to the fees paid by you for participation in the course.
- You must observe all BAPS’s rules applicable to the course. If you commit any breach of such rules or are guilty of any offensive behaviour, or BAPS has reasonable grounds for believing that you are likely to misuse your course qualifications, BAPS shall be entitled to expel you from the course, without reimbursement of fees already paid.
- Copyright in the course materials is owned or licensed by BAPS. Copying, adaptation or other use without the written permission of BAPS is prohibited.
- Unless otherwise stipulated in your application, BAPS may use your personal data for administrative and update purposes and may keep this information for a reasonable period and may contact you by email, mail, SMS or telephone to let you know about any courses or promotions which might be of interest to you. If you have booked the course for another person, you confirm that they have authorised you to act for them, to consent to the processing of their personal data and to receive any fair collection notices on their behalf.
- If you have booked the course for another person, these terms and conditions shall be binding on you and the participant and references herein to “you” shall mean or include “the participant”, where appropriate.
- It shall be your responsibility to ensure that these terms and conditions are brought to the notice of the participant and you shall indemnify BAPS against any loss, damage or liability resulting from your failure to do so.
- In undertaking any work, you must take care to ensure that the work is within your competence and within the boundaries of your training. You should seek further advice or instruction from the BAPS Tutor or Schools Administrator, if necessary. Any statement made to you about potential earnings or employment shall be treated as a matter of opinion and shall be non-binding.
- You must complete all payments and successfully complete your course prior to issue of certification.
- If paying by instalments, you agree to pay your instalments promptly as per any agreement. BAPS reserves the right to withhold course materials whilst any payment is overdue. If you have elected to pay by instalments, you may terminate your participation on the course at any time by giving 4 months’ notice in writing. The notice should be sent to the Principal at BAPS’s address set out in the application form. If you do so you will still be liable:
- to make any payment already outstanding at the date that you give notice and
- to make any further payment that falls due during the notice period.
- Course content may be subject to change.
- Any complaint about the course should be notified in writing to the Schools Administrator at BAPS’s address as set out in the application form.
Limitation of Liability/Disclaimer
Any information and/or advice given on this site or by members of the Society is meant for guidance purposes only and purchasers must be responsible for determining whether such information or advice applies to their particular circumstances. The information and advice contained in this website should not be relied upon as statements or representations of facts. No warranty is given as to the accuracy of any information given.
Copyright 2015 britishastrologicalandpsychicsociety.co.uk
All rights, including copyright, trade marks, names and logos, used in relation to this website are owned by or controlled for these purposes by us. Nothing in this Agreement confers on you any license or right under any of our trade marks, names or logos or those of any third party. We reserve the right to issue legal proceedings against any companies or persons who copy any text, photographs, images, graphics, logos, button icons, trademarks or any part of this website. The content of this website is and remains the property of The British Astrological & Psychic Society.
If any of these Terms and Conditions are unenforceable it will not affect the enforceability of the rest of these Terms and Conditions.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Your order and the formation of the contract will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English and Welsh law.
Contacting us / Complaints and Liability
If you are unhappy in anyway with any product or service you receive then please contact us via post to The Secretary, British Astrological & Psychic Society, Communications House, 26 York Street, London, W1U 6PZ or by Email by using our contact form
- Nothing in this Returns Policy affects any statutory rights you may have as a consumer.